Comfort Zones

Comfort zones can be perfectly good places to stay, to feel comfortable, to enjoy yourself without too many worries and to know your own limitations. However, every now and again, it's great to push out of those zones and enjoy whatever is thrown at you either as a one time thing or to expand the boundaries of your comfort zone. As this post goes live, I'm doing something so far out of my comfort zone, I can hardly see the line.

I am currently interrailing around Europe (travelling by train), exploring so many new places and trying a load of activities I wouldn't normally be doing. However, as I'm writing this, the nerves are rivalling the feeling of excitement. The not knowing what's around the corner, the train journeys that I'm not familiar with, the living out of a backpack... it all builds up in my head, intensifying the worries. Although, the chance to see so many places, the potential to meet people doing a similar thing, the thrills from the activities we've got planned and the memories we'll have will make it all worth it (I hope), not to mention the fact it will no doubt help me grow as a person.
That's the funny thing about comfort zones, a lot of the time, the things we long to do, the bucket list tasks, they're all a stretch out of our comfort zones and yet we manage to give it a go and often have an amazing experience as a result. Having that courage to push yourself however big or small is amazing and one that only you can truly recognise is as big a step as it is. To those around you, it can look like a breeze, like you're not afraid and will just crack on and do it... or it can seem like an incredible feat that takes a specific person to achieve. Either way, there's nothing quite like the feeling you have within yourself when you look back on what you've done, as you cross it off the list and hold that memory close to you. It's exciting... it makes it all worthwhile.
So if you have something you've been wanting to do but keep putting off or are hesitant to try, this is your reminder that it will be worth it... why not get planning it today?

I'd love to know something you've done that's out of your comfort zone and/or something you've really wanted to do, let me know in the comments! I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did and want to see more, you can follow my social media links in the top right-hand corner to see when I next upload. Thank you for reading this post.

Love, Steph x

P.S. If you want to know what I'm taking on my travels, you can check out my latest YouTube video here.

No comments