Life Update: Finishing First Year

I'm back... 

I know I've not been anywhere near as consistent since starting university and have stopped altogether the past month but things have been a little busy and a lot stressful. With a new project to work on each week, it's not left a great deal of time for other things. Plus, everything else also seems to have happened in May adding to the busyness. However, first year has now officially finished and I'm back to having days to myself, to get back into blogging and writing generally.
One lesson I can definitely say I've learnt this term and the past month has been my stress indicators and hopefully decent ways to deal with said stress, although that hasn't always run smoothly! I've also learnt that I'm not one to step back in order to try and avoid the stress and just half-ass the project. I always think 'if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well' and so even in a group setting, I'm reluctant to take a back seat as I want to ensure something is as high a standard as it can be. As annoying as this can be for others, although I do try to avoid that where possible, it's more annoying for me! I suppose it works out in the end as it tends to pay off most of the time but it's not without struggle.
Another key thing I've discovered, or rather... been reassured about, is my enjoyment and love for creative projects and in particular, magazines. As time-consuming and difficult as it was to create a zine and a magazine in a week without having prior knowledge of the software was one of my favourite parts. I was able to learn as I went along, attempting to create what I had in my head through trial and error and I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome, although it has plenty of room for improvement. It was great to see the pages come to life after hours of work and to write in the specific style for a younger audience that I would love to do again and again, possibly as a career?!

It's definitely been a month of learning a lot and attempting to be as creative as possible but it's also been a fun month. I spent a weekend away for my cousins birthday and had an amazing time with some lovely people, which was a great way to unwind!

As for now, I'm a little sad that first year is over and it'll be odd not seeing people from uni over Summer but I'm excited to be off and to get on with my Summer plans as it'll hopefully be a very exciting one!
I hope you've had a good month and are looking forward to the Summer, whenever that begins for you. Let me know what plans you have! I hope you enjoyed this post and are looking forward to more regular posting again. Thanks for reading this post, if you enjoyed it and want to see more, you can follow my social media links in the top right-hand corner.

Love, Steph x

P.S. If you want to hear about my first year of university, you can watch my video on that below...

No comments