Boutique Of Molly Review: 'Renee'

I did it again, I made another purchase at Boutique Of Molly. Only this time, I opted for a top. Before I get into it, I just want to apologise for the photo background/overall quality- things weren't on my side and I had limited time to get them done due to university and being away for that and then the time I did have today, was dark and rainy so I had to attempt to take them inside with my photography lights.

I really loved the look of the 'Renee' top (£26.95) when I saw it on the site and when it came, it wasn't exactly as I'd imagined it to look but I loved it all the same. In my opinion, it looks more gold on the website than it looks in real life, as it is actually slightly darker with hints of khaki, but it is as shimmery and pretty as the photos online suggest.

I adore the peplum style which makes it quite a flattering shape without the ruffles or pleats that are typically associated with a peplum top. Furthermore, the loose fit makes it ideal for evenings out, particularly if you're going for a meal as it leaves room for expansion!

The open back was slightly more open than I had first anticipated and it did slightly show my bra strap but it was nothing too out there and simply added to the pretty, unique style of the back of the top. I also think the height at which the openness begins, depends on the size of the top and your body shape as I'm quite broad so it probably starts higher up on me than someone a bit smaller.

The fabric has a nice shine to it, which goes really nicely with the sparkly material, whilst preventing it from becoming irritating through itchiness. It also makes it an ideal top to have for the Christmas season as it's so easy to wear but looks amazing nonetheless.
I love the high neck and how it contrasts with the sleeveless design, to give it an Autumnal or Wintery feel whilst keeping you nice and cool when inside at an event or wherever you may be. I am not a long sleeve person a lot of the time so this was perfect for me.

I was surprised by its ability to be worn with leggings without revealing too much (my jeans were in the wash and the rest of my stuff was at uni so I was very thankful about this). It comes down low enough at the front to cover that side of things but also covers enough of the back, despite the open design, to cover everything you need it to there as well, whilst still looking lovely.

I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of wear out of this top. If you like the look and sound of it, you can find it here. Boutique Of Molly have plenty of other pieces that will be great for the party season so if you're in need of a new outfit, I recommend having a browse on their website. Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did and want to see more from me, you can follow my social media links in the top right-hand corner to see when I next upload.

Love, Steph x

P.S. Just to let you know, I also uploaded an extra YouTube video yesterday- a collab with Cally so you can watch that here if you fancy it. I really enjoyed filming, editing and watching it back so hopefully, you like the outcome.

No comments