September Favourites 2016...

I can't believe tomorrow is the start of October, well and truly an Autumnal month and personally, my favourite month. Although, I could do with the weather getting that little bit colder so I can bring out my jumpers, coats and scarves that make the crisp weather seem lovely and cosy. Anyway, enough about October, first I need to end September by sharing my favourites from the past month!

Beauty

NYX stay matte but not flat powder foundation- I have only worn a liquid foundation once this past month, maybe even past two months, and that's because it feels more heavy and uncomfortable on my skin and hasn't actually made that much difference to the overall look apart from melt away when I find myself getting hot. So rather than just using a tinted moisturiser or concealer and powder, I thought I'd try a powder foundation. To me this didn't seem like the best idea for a base but the NYX stay matte but not flat foundation has been a really lovely product. It's easy to apply and gives a light coverage but when working with concealer, helps to even out skin tone and cover any blemishes, exactly what I needed, and yet it doesn't feel heavy and thick on my face, it also lasts longer! This obviously means that it isn't the highest coverage but despite having issues with my skin, it's been my go to product this month and has done exactly what I needed it to do.
NYX Liquid Suede- If you missed my review on this product, then you can click here to have a read of that. If you have read it, you will know just how incredible this product is! Without repeating too much from my review; it lasts a very long time, whether you have a few drinks or a three course meal, it applies easily, it doesn't feel drying and it looks amazing when it's on. Highly recommend trying this product out!

Homeware

Polaroid Photos- Moving away has been a challenge as you may have read about in my previous post (here) but having cute polaroid style photos of my family and friends has helped make my room feel more homely and reminded me of some lovely moments we've shared.
Fairylights- A great accompaniment to polaroid photos and any room in general really. Fairylights have definitely helped make my room feel more homely and cosy so if you've moved out and don't yet have any fairylights, I highly recommend getting your hands on some- preferably battery powered, many uni rooms don't actually allow the other kind!
Primark Dreams Bedding- I adore this bedding and the way it brightens up the room with it's array of colours and gorgeous design. It's also soft so a nice comfortable place to get some zzzs.
Primark soft cushion- aka the softest cushion I've ever felt! My coral cushion not only feels amazing to touch but also looks cute with the bedding and feels really comfortable to sit or lie against which, in my eyes, is a necessity.
Mini fridge- My mini fridge has proven very useful as I've had extra fridge space when things won't fit into the main kitchen fridge and I've been able to keep snacks in my room for when I get a bit peckish, as well as some milk so that I can get my breakfast in my room as I'm getting ready for the day which, ultimately saves me a bit of time!

Other

Shawn Mendes Illuminate- You must all know by now just how much I adore Shawn Mendes! He is one incredibly talented musician and creates some beautiful songs! This month, he dropped his second album and I have been listening to it so often simply because I can't get enough of his voice. My absolute favourite from the new album is Hold On which I think I would love at any time but have felt a stronger connection with this past week as it really relates to my current situation and emotions. I'm also a big fan of Patience and of course, Treat You Better but honestly any song he releases I love!

That concludes everything I have been loving throughout September. Let me know what you have been loving? Thank you for reading this post, if you enjoyed it and want to see more from then you can follow my social media links in the top right hand corner, to see when I next upload.

Love, Steph x

No comments