The Music Tag

If you don't know by now, I love music and after stumbling across this tag, it seemed right up my street and looked a lot of fun to do. There were originally 30 questions but some seemed kind of repetitive and I didn't want the post to be too long, so I've cut a few out. I've also tried to vary my answers as much as possible.

1. The last song you listened to?
Ride by Twenty One Pilots
2. The last song you purchased?
If I Were Sorry by Frans- Yes I did buy this after watching and loving it on Eurovision, not something I expected to say but I have no shame in admitting that.
3. A song you discovered on YouTube/Tumblr?
Fight Song by Rachael Platten- This is the last one I can remember discovering on YouTube which was ages ago now but I remember loving it and then not long after, it featured in the charts.
4. Favourite band?
At the moment I'd say 5 Seconds Of Summer have slightly surpassed Union J only because they haven't really produced any new music for a while but I do still love them and the two bands are almost neck and neck.
5. Favourite solo artist?
I can't pick one favourite but at the moment, it would probably be Meghan Trainor- her new album is insane, I love her voice and her songs are very uplifting, empowering and catchy.
6. Best live gig?
This is impossible to pick as I've loved every single one I've been to for different reasons: 5SOS always perform amazingly and put everything into the concert and their music; An Audience With Union J was an incredible experience as I got to meet the band as well as watch them perform and answer questions; McBusted created an incredibly fun and entertaining show and; The Wanted nail a theme and always sing amazingly. I think my favourite opening to a concert was The Wanted's last tour which left me speechless and emotional from the go.
7. Guilty pleasure song?
Queen Speech 4 by Lady Leshurr although I don't feel particularly guilty about it, it's just a song combining so many things I normally hate, but somehow love.
8. Song you used to hate but you now like?
One Dance by Drake- I wouldn't go so far as to say I now like it but it's become tolerable.
9. Song you used to love but now hate?
I'll hold my hands up and admit to the fact that I liked Blurred Lines when it was first released but quickly started to hate it as I realised what the lyrics actually were and the message behind the song.
10. Group you wish had never split?
The Wanted
11. Favourite song from a film?
The Climb from The Hannah Montana Movie
12. Song you grew up with?
There are so many songs that came to mind when I read this question but for me, the obvious one would be Aerosmith, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing as my brother and I each had a song that was essentially 'our song' and that song was mine.
13. First song/album you ever bought?
I'm not sure which the first I ever bought was as I can think of some but I'm pretty sure they were gifts.. It could have been Top of the Pops 2003- the one with Fly On The Wings Of Love and several other bangers which I used to love singing and dancing along to on my portable CD player.
14. Favourite foreign language song?
Andalouse by Kendji Girac- It's so catchy and feels very holiday like. Kendji Girac is probably my favourite foreign language singer.
15. A song from the year you were born?
Fun fact for you, the song that was number one on the day I was born was Barbie Girl.
16. Most over-rated song?
Boyfriend by Justin Bieber- I cannot stand this song and I don't understand why it was so popular?! Alternatively, any by Drake, Kanye West or Craig David as I really don't see why they are so popular personally, I'm really not a fan of any of those artists. Although, at the moment, there is a lot of music in the charts that I question.
17. Song you can't help but sing along to?
There are a lot of songs I find myself singing along to without realising or without wanting to but one that springs to mind is Sorry by Justin Bieber, it's just so damn catchy!
18. Favourite parody song?
After Ever After by Jon Cozart
19. Favourite song at the moment?
This is tricky again... My top five would probably be: Better Than Yourself by Lukas Graham, Kindly Calm Me Down and Woman Up by Meghan Trainor, Ain't Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez and If I Were Sorry by Frans.
20. All time favourite song?
I can never pick one and it's always a tricky question but my top three would be: I'll Be Your Strength by The Wanted, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith and The Climb by Miley Cyrus as they all have a deeper meaning to me than a lot of other songs.

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it. Which songs and artists are you loving at the moment? Let me know what you thought in the comments. If you enjoyed reading this and want to read more, you can follow me on my social media links in the sidebar to the right of this post or at the top right hand corner of my blog.

Love, Steph x

2 comments

  1. Lovely answers! I love finding out about other peoples music taste! I would definitely have to agree with blurred lines. Used to love that song and then I found out what it all meant. Maybe not haha 😂😂

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Me too, it's such an interesting thing to discover especially when it's similar to your own or is completely different to what you might expect. I'm sure we weren't alone on the Blurred Lines front! :D x

      Delete