May Favourites 2016

Where is the time going this year? I know everybody says it but this year really has flown by so far. Like always, I have a number of favourites to share with you today, many of which feature in the entertainment section.

Entertainment

American Horror Story Season One To Four- This show took me a while to get into, particularly season one and two, both of which I watched the first couple of episodes slowly and spread out and then when it got to half way through, I binge watched the end of the season as I loved it. My least favourite season so far is season two: asylum as it took ages for me to get into it and I never really loved watching the show like I did the other seasons. I loved season three: Coven best as it was the only one I was hooked on from the first episode and I loved the plot, the characters... everything. Despite the fact it took me a bit longer to get into season four: Freakshow, I loved watching it and would say it is my second favourite season. For me, it was definitely the scariest as it had more psychological horror, as well as gore, and featured clowns, dummies and all sorts of circus themed characters, which do scare me more than other things. I also loved the ending to Freakshow which I won't spoil but highly recommend watching. At the moment, only the first four seasons are available on Netflix but when I get my hands on the other seasons, I will definitely be watching and hopefully enjoying them. For anyone that doesn't know, I jus thought I'd point out that you don't have to watch the seasons in order; each season has a new story with different characters.
Not Too Deep- I've been watching and loving Grace Helbig's videos for a long time now but I'd never actually listened to her podcast *hangs head in shame* UNTIL I watched her video with Hank Green and was desperate to hear more so immediately headed over to her podcast for a listen. I wasn't disappointed and several episodes later, I found myself seriously questioning why it took me so long to listen to the podcast. If you haven't listened to it before, whether you watch Grace's YouTube videos or not, I highly recommend you give it a listen as it's thoroughly entertaining, it discusses a lot of topics that you don't find in a lot of chats or interviews and all in all it's guaranteed to make you smile and probably laugh a lot too!
The Gabbie Show: Ghost Stories- This month I stumbled across Gabbie's channel and watched a few of her videos, and by a few, I mean a lot. She isn't the luckiest of people and has plenty of stories about these unfortunate events. I love hearing about these stories, not that I want so much to happen to her but it sure makes an entertaining video. Whilst many of her stories are full of sass, wit and humour, I particularly enjoyed watching her ghost stories videos as I find things like that really interesting, if a little terrifying and the way she tells them is brilliant.
Bad Neighbours 2- I was a big fan of the first film as I found it was a proper feel-good film, full of plenty of laughs and the second is no different. Essentially, it's the same film again just with a sorority rather than a fraternity but for me, that was absolutely fine as I got to experience a new, very similar film just with an even better cast. If you're a fan of the first film and don't mind seeing a similar plot line again then I highly recommend giving it a watch; I went to watch it twice at the cinema and enjoyed it a lot both times. In fact, I really can't decide whether I prefer the first or the second film in the series.
Saffron Barker- I have watched so many of Saffron's videos this past month, both main channel and vlogs, and she has fast become one of my favourite YouTubers. I don't know what it is about her and her videos but she is so easy to watch and she comes across as having a really infectious personality which makes me want to binge watch her videos on so many occasions.
Meghan Trainor Thank You- I loved Meghan's last album and although some lyrics in her songs can be seen as quite offensive or controversial, she also has some amazing lyrics and incredible songs in general. She is one of my favourite artists and this album really solidified my love for her music. I can't even tell you my favourite songs as I just started writing them down and it ended up being almost 3/4 of the album so instead I'm just going to recommend you give the whole album a listen to.

Beauty & Fashion

Fleur Loves Eylure 3/4 Lashes- I only bought these towards the end of the month but I feel like I have worn them enough to confidently sing their praises. They are so much easier to apply than any other lashes I've tried in the past, they can be worn for both everyday purposes and special events, you don't have to worry about trimming them down and they give a natural, beautiful, defined look to your lashes. Whilst they aren't cheap, I think the quality definitely justifies the price and I will be repurchasing these on many occasions.
Collection Glitter Gel Liner- The Collection glitter eyeliners are so inexpensive and so beautiful! I bought one in the shade Funk which is a gold shade that I thought would look amazing with a gold smokey eye and whilst it does look nice with this look, it also looks lovely on its own. It's gives such a bold, beautiful, glittery look that no other eye product I've tried gives. I don't actually use this as an eyeliner but instead use it all over my eye lid where it works just as well, if not better.
New Look- My love for New Look has recently been rekindled as I've found myself frequently admiring the clothes and on several occasions, picking up or ordering a few pieces. (I plan to do a Summer look book soon with several of the items I've picked up). Whilst the store has always been one of my favourites, I haven't been bought loads from the shop in a short period of time for a while!

That completes my May Favourites, I hope you've enjoyed reading about the things I've been loving this month. What have you been loving, let me know in the comments. Thank you for reading this post, if you enjoyed it and want to read more, you can follow my social media links to be notified when I upload a new post.

Love, Steph x

No comments