April Favourites 2016

It's that time again and this month I have a number of favourites to share with you, most of which feature in the Entertainment section, but before I start with my favourites, I just want to welcome you to my new blog design, hopefully you like it as much as I do. 

Entertainment

Jane The Virgin- I am in love with this TV show. I do not think the adverts do it justice at all as I'd always thought it looked cheesy, stupid and just awful but after it appeared on Netflix and one of my friends commented on how good it was, I decided to give it a try. It combines so many different things: comedy, drama, mystery and romance and it works which is more than can be said for a lot of shows and movies. I love Jane's character and really love her style but even though some characters are extremely irritating, I really like watching them all (or 95% of them). If you haven't seen this show before, I highly recommend you give the first couple of episodes a watch! The first season is on Netflix at the moment and the second series is currently being aired on E4 in the UK with the first couple of episodes available on All 4.
Dear Victor- One of my friends is the lead singer in this band and although they are very new, they seem to have a decent following, which I'm not surprised about as the tracks are well written and the whole performance when they sing live is brilliant. They don't yet have a YouTube channel or Soundcloud account as far as I'm aware but a snippet of one of their live perfomances of Debonair can be viewed here.
No Warning  by Jessarae- I have really loved listening to this song since I heard Jessarae perform it at Sounds Live Feels Live. I love his raspy tone and the catchiness of the song.
Headwreck- This month I went to see my brother in the original production, 'Headwreck' which I loved; I thought it was highly entertaining, very funny and the cast was incredible.
Felix M-B- After seeing 'Headwreck', I was informed by my brother that the song I really liked and thought was very well sang and played, was an original by Felix M-B (one of the cast members) so naturally, I had a listen to some of his other stuff and was really impressed! I wouldn't say it's the style of music I typically love but there's something I really like about his songs and voice. There are a couple of songs I enjoy in particular; Wasted One, For The Light and Ophelia (acoustic and studio version). I definitely recommend you give his songs a listen (here), particularly if you enjoy music by more indie/nu-folk singer-songwriters.
Jenna Marbles Unpopular Opinions- It's been a while since I've included a YouTube video or channel in my favourites but I felt this needed a space as it amused me A LOT! I find a lot of Jenna's videos really funny and a lot of that is down to the way she says things as much as what she actually says. I thought the concept of this video was entertaining but the execution of it was even funnier!
Louise Pentland and Dan Howell Our Awkward Fancy Meal- Louise and Dan are two of my all time favourite YouTubers and together they are even more entertaining. I love hearing about their awkward encounters; it makes me feel better about the awkward and embarrassing things I do! This video is longer than your average main channel video which I love, especially in a video of this style.

Beauty and Fashion

New Look Oversized Knitted Cardigan- I featured this item in my Lookbook and wore it a lot on my holiday as it is so easy to wear, is warm enough but not too warm and it just finishes off an outfit. I think this will become a staple in my Spring/Summer wardrobe this year.
Dior Poison Girl- This is an odd one for me to include in my favourites this month as I don't actually own it but I used a sample that I received in a magazine and loved the smell. It's definitely a fragrance I would love to get my hands on in the near future.

Events

Sounds Live Feels Live- I had a wonderful evening watching 5 Seconds Of Summer perform! If you want to hear more about this, you can find my blog post here.
Mallorca- This month, I also got to spend a week's holiday with my best friend and her family in Mallorca which I also did a separate post on here. We did some great things, most of which involved relaxing, swimming, eating delicious meals and admiring the beautiful views!

Food

Dairy Milk Medley (with caramelised hazelnuts, dark chocolate chips and raspberry pieces)- This is a new chocolate bar by Cadbury and all I can say is it is delicious! I love raspberry with chocolate and love a nutty bar so this is perfect. I like the smooth, creamy texture of the chocolate as well. Highly recommend!

Thank you for reading this post, let me know what you thought in the comments and if you enjoyed it, why not subscribe to be notified when I upload a new post?

Love, Steph x

4 comments

  1. I LOVE Jane the Virgin! I agree, the ads look so cheesy, but the show is hilarious. I especially love the narrator, and the hashtags! Louise and Dan's video was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. I think I've watched it twice since. It sounds like April has been great :) #rogeliomybrogelio

    Also, have you redone your blog design? I miss your colourful header, but this font is so much easier to read!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, in the first episode I thought the narrator was going to ruin the show for me but he actually makes it, it's so funny! It has been a pretty good month, I hope yours had been good too. #GoRo

      I have yes, you're ahead of the game haha, I have a brief explanation about it and the header in my update post which is going up on Tuesday :) I'm glad it's easier to read and I want a nice header which I'm currently trying to work on but it's not really my strong point and I don't know exactly what I want yet :/ Anyway, a nice, colourful/personal header should be coming soon if I can sort it out (fingers crossed) :D x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried the new Dairy Milk bars yet so that's one thing I have to do! I quite like these favourite types of posts because you get a bit of lifestyle, beauty and everything really :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend trying them, I hadn't realised they were new at first but they are so good. Me too, I like both writing and reading them X

      Delete