I Love Drugstore Makeup Tag

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand overall?
L'Oreal for eye products and Maybelline for everything else.
2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
Face: Max Factor Face Finity as it lasts well and has a good medium to high coverage.
Cheek: The Revolution Ultra Blush Palette because it creates a really lovely shimmer across the cheek.
Lip: Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Crayon because they are really long lasting, they have a good colour payoff, they look really nice and when they do start to come off, they wear off evenly.
3. Least favourite product?
 This was a hard one but of all the products I've tried, I think I would say the MUA brow pencil as it felt a bit waxy and thick when applied.
4. What is the best makeup bargain?
I think any Revolution product is a bargain, particularly the palettes as they are of a pretty high quality, there is plenty of option and they are very inexpensive.
5. What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)
L'Oreal Superstar False Lash Mascara which is my all time favourite mascara but since it first came out, I've not really heard anybody else talk about it. I find that it volumises and lengthens my lashes really nicely and when built up, does indeed create a false lash effect.
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
 I think I'd say mascaras in general because a lot of them are a similar price to foundation which I don't think should be the case and as I don't want foundations to increase in price, I think mascaras' price should decrease.
7. What is your best drugstore dupe?
W7 In The Buff because it has very similar shades to the Naked 2 palette and whilst it obviously isn't as high quality as the Urban Decay eyeshadows, they're great for the price.
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
I'm going to put it out there and say the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara because whilst I do like it, I don't love it on it's own and therefore I don't agree with the massive hype surrounding it. Instead, I usually use it with my L'Oreal mascara or with the Benefit They're Real mascara and as a combination product, it looks lovely.

Thank you for reading this post, let me know what you thought in the comments and if you enjoyed it, why not subscribe to be notified when I upload a new post?

Love, Steph x

No comments