The Holly Jolly Christmas Tag

EEEEEK! One more sleep! In true festive form, I thought I'd upload an extra blog post this week and would really get into the Christmas spirit with The Holly Jolly Christmas Tag.

1. Favourite Christmas Movie?
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
I hope I'm on the nice list!
3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas card photo.
We've never done family photo Christmas cards so I'm afraid I don't have one to show you.
4. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes but not with a lot of snow.
5. Where do you usually spend Christmas?
We spend the morning at home; my grandparents visit for a drink late morning and then we have Christmas dinner with my other grandma, we then all go to my cousins or they all come to us for the afternoon/evening.
6. Play or sing your favourite Christmas song.
Shakin' Stevens: Merry Christmas Everyone
7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, I like to wait until Christmas Day to open presents.
8. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I believe I can. The original 8 are: Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Cupid, Comet and Prancer and of course there's also Rudolph if you count them all
9. What holiday tradition are most looking forward to this year?
I'm looking forward to everything but one thing I'm really excited for is the Christmas quiz that we do in teams when we all get together in the afternoon, which I have been given the task of creating this year.
10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We have four: one fake white one, a small ish fibre optic tree and two real Christmas trees- one outside and one as our main tree in the lounge! I love having a real Christmas tree as they not only make the room smell amazing and so Christmassy, but I find picking out a Christmas tree one of the best parts of the build up to Christmas.
11. What's your all time favourite Christmas food?
Probably homemade mince pies, roasted parsnips or Celebrations which I know you can get at other times but to me, they are THE Christmas chocolates!
12. Be honest, do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
This is difficult as I love doing both, if it's something tat I've put a lot of effort into and/or know the person will love it then giving gifts but if not then maybe receiving not because I have a present but just because I love the excitement of guessing what something us and the actual unwrapping process.
13. Show us your tackiest Christmas attire.
 14. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I don't really want to go anywhere for Christmas as I love having Christmas day at home but if I were to go after Boxing Day for a week or something, then I'd say anywhere that I could go skiing.
15. Does your family have a special Christmas recipe that you like to help make?
Not really, I sometimes help my mum make mince pies which she does slightly differently to a lot of people do it or I'll help with the Christmas cake but nothing I do every year or that is a special tradition
16. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I think I'm somewhere in between- I'm definitely not a pro but I don't think I fail at it, they always look presentable, I just don't go all the way, adding ribbon or really cute features.
17. Most memorable Christmas moment?
Unfortunately this isn't a positive one; my most memorable Christmas moment was a couple of years ago when we were sat at the dining room table, my mum was dishing up the soup in the kitchen and my grandad wanted his camera so my grandma got up to get it, annoyed about it and as she came back in, she tripped up the step and smacked her head in the corner of the table and I've never seen anything like it! She then spent Christmas in the hospital.
18. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
I think there were a few things that just didn't quite add up but there wasn't a single thing that made me realise. I kind of guessed a couple of years before I actually asked my parents because I was scared he wouldn't come if he found out I didn't believe in him anymore.
19. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Sort of, in the past I've made (and failed to keep) resolutions but more recently, I've created goals for the year instead.
20. What makes Christmas special for you?
Getting to spend time with all of my family!

Thank you for reading this post, let me know what you thought in the comments and if you enjoyed it, why not subscribe to be notified when I upload a new post?

Love, Steph x

No comments