The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire and Girl Online On Tour Review

I hope you are having a lovely Christmas/Boxing Day! I thought it was about time I uploaded another couple of  book reviews (or more specifically another couple of YouTuber book reviews).

Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg
I'm sure you all know by now how much I love Zoe Sugg (Zoella)- her blog, her videos, her beauty products and her books! I know Girl Online On Tour came out a while ago now but as I have had very little time to read recently, I've only just got round to reading it. Once I started the book, it did make me read more regularly as I got hooked quite quickly and just wanted to find out what was going to happen next. I personally found it quite easy to guess the story line but it didn't make me enjoy it any less, in fact, it made me excited to read on to see if I was right or to discover the effect certain things have on the characters.

I grew more attached to both Penny and Noah in this book (although at times Noah really wound me up which I can only assume is the way Zoe wanted us to feel about his actions anyway) and found myself desperately hoping that their relationship would run smoothly and perfectly for both of their sake. Having said that, I think my favourite character is Leah because I love the way she's perceived to be a certain way and can act really pop star like in certain situations but when it comes to it, she's actually really sweet and treats Penny really nicely.

I love the band stand part, which I won't spoil in case anybody wants to read it for themselves. I'd heard Zoe mention the bandstand bit in a couple of her vlogs so I was intrigued as to where it would feature and what would happen and I can honestly see why she loved that section so much. It's so sweet and made me very emotional (side note: don't read the last few chapters after you've done your make up for the day).

Overall I think this book is a lovely, easy read and I would recommend both books in the series.

Available to buy here

The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
I love watching both Dan and Phil's videos, with Dan being in my top 3 YouTubers so of course I'd want to read this book. Like with Girl Online On Tour, it took me a while to read after purchasing it due to having so much on.

I love their sense of humour in their videos and this is mirrored in the book. I found myself laughing at at least 50% of the pages either from their stories, the images or their tone of voice. It also made me realise that I am more like Dan than I thought, it got to the point where I concluded that he is the male version of me (there are some different qualities but so many things mentioned through out the book, could have been referring to me)!

It's difficult to pick out my favourite part of the book but if I had to decide, I think it would be their flat floor plans which I found both interesting and highly amusing!

I would highly recommend this book to anyone, whether you watch their videos or not, as I think it's such a great book to pick up and read either in one sitting or just every so often as a humorous, entertaining read.

Available to buy here

Have you read either of these books, if so, what did you think of them?

Thank you for reading this post, let me know what you thought in the comments and if you enjoyed it, why not subscribe to be notified when I upload a new post?

Love, Steph x

No comments