My 18th Birthday Part One


If you weren't already aware, last Thursday (29th October) was my 18th birthday- I am now officially an adult which is both exciting and terrifying! So today I wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on my birthday activities so that I have something to look back on in the future and hopefully have something for you to enjoy as well. In part 2 of this post I will also be showing some of the things I got for my birthday which I'm not doing to brag about or anything, I just want to be able to reflect on this aspect as well and I think it might be interesting for you as I know I love hearing what other people get.

Friday 23rd October:
The birthday celebrations started with a trip to the spa for my mum and I where she had a back massage and I had a facial, both of which were lovely. This trip was given to us by my uncle as a joint birthday present, so thank you very much to him! We then headed off to Meadowhall where I got the chance to meet Megan (blog here- I highly recommend checking it out) which was another amazing experience (if you want more detail on this, you can check out my October Favourites here).

Sunday 25th October:
Skip forward to Sunday, we had a family meal courtesy of my Grandma at Frankie & Benny's which again was lovely. It was nice to all spend time together over a fabulous meal; I had the Penne Arabbiata followed by The Godfather which myself, my dad and my brother all shared.

Monday 26th October to Tuesday 27th October:
We then had a couple of my cousins come down on Monday evening to stop over night. They then spent some time with us in the morning until we all went for lunch with my grandma. It was really nice to spend some quality time with them, not really doing a lot just talking and playing Guess Who with my 5 and 8 year old cousins whilst watching some of their kids shows (which by the way, are rather amusing to watch when you're older).

Wednesday 28th October:
On Wednesday I had my grandparents and great auntie and uncle round for a drink so that they could see me around my birthday. We sat talking for a while which was lovely to do as we rarely see my great auntie and uncle and so I was able to open their birthday presents and cards early, with them.

Thursday 29th October:
The big day! It was wonderful from start to finish... we began with a three course champagne breakfast which was even better than it sounds. This was another gift that my mum and I were given a as joint present, so I am very thankful to our friends who gave us this lovely gift. I had some toast and jam to start, followed by yoghurt with granola, mango, passion fruit and pineapple and finally, some blueberry waffles... all of which was delicious. After breakfast, we spent some time with my grandma where we had a rather dramatic incident whilst doing the cake but that's another story! To finish off the day, we had an incredible meal out at Bill's which was both delicious and superb service... 10/10 would recommend! One of my least favourite things about birthdays is singing Happy Birthday- I find it really awkward and never know where to look or what to do and it's even worse if a restaurant does it as there are even more people, as nice as the gesture is, so I was worried they would do something similar at Bill's. Fortunately they didn't and instead they were just really lovely, asking about my birthday, wishing me a happy one and even giving me some Cherry Jam which I haven't tried yet but will definitely be doing soon as it looks amazing! We all shared some of the nicest garlic bread to start, I had my long awaited Halloumi and Hummus Burger (without the Hummus) and Sweet Potato Fries (which I have had my eye on for months now) and I had a Warm Brownie, Chocolate Sauce and Ice Cream as a dessert. I also had a Watermelon, Peach and Raspberry Smoothie which was one of the nicest drinks I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.
Friday 30th October:
After a family day on my actual birthday, Friday was dedicated to spending time with my friends. As promised in my Halloween Haul (here), above are some pictures of the Halloween decorations in action which appeared to be appreciated by my guests. One of my favourite elements was the punches I made, especially the one which was made from Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice, Vodka and Peach Schnapps which was delicious and I would definitely make it again for another party; Halloween or other. We spent the afternoon/evening just chatting and playing some games, some of which I would recommend for a party of your own, so I'll be putting up a separate blog post on them soon if you want to check them out. We then watched Ouija in the evening which I thought was a very good film but wasn't as scary as I had expected it to be- other people jumping made me jump more than the film itself did although that could be down to the fact that there was a fairly large group of us and so people talking about what was going probably distracted from the film. I ended the evening with two of my best friends, doing face masks and chatting.

Overall, it was a really lovely and memorable birthday! I had a lot of fun doing all of those things. The only thing I have left in relation to this is An Audience With Union J on Wednesday which I got tickets for for my birthday. I will be doing a Day In The Life post on this, so if you want to check that out, pop back on Saturday as it will most likely be going up then instead of on Friday this week.

For part 2 of My 18th Birthday whereby I show what gifts I received, come back tomorrow evening as that will be going live then.

Some photos from my birthday are also up on my Instagram, so if you want to check them out, you can click here.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I know it wasn't a tag but 'Tag Tuesday' will return as normal next week.

See you tomorrow with part 2!

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments