Autumn Beauty Haul 2015

I feel like I need to tone down the number of hauls soon as I may have been spending a bit too much recently, but the last one for now (she says) is this Autumn Beauty Haul which consists of beauty products that I've picked up over the past month or so.

Maybelline:
Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil Keep It Classy
Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil Nude Perfection
Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil Berry Much
These lip pencils are my latest make up obsession. I bought the first one in Keep It Classy from Tesco and fell in love with it, it was so easy to use to line and fill in the lips; creating a neat, pretty lip effect. The colour itself was perfect for this time of year; almost a berry shade but slightly lighter and with a few more pinky tones. It was extremely long lasting and when it did start to fade, it faded quite evenly so I wasn't left with patchy or lined-but-not-filled-in lips. I wore it to a Bonfire and Firework display where I was outside for a few hours, drank and ate and the lip colour still stayed quite strong, only fading slightly. Taking all of this on board, I decided to order two more in my Superdrug order; one nude shade and one berry shade which I think are perfect for this time of year!
x
Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil Dark Blonde
If you're a regular reader, you will probably be very familiar with this product and what I think of it! For those that don't know, this is my go to brow product; it's the ideal shade for me, it's so easy to use for both shaping and defining my brows and it always looks the same morning through to evening.
x
Mastershape Brow Pencil Dark Blonde
As much as I love Brow Satin, I wanted to give a cheaper alternative a try and so I picked up this pencil by the same brand and in the same shade. Whilst it does fill in my brows nicely, I don't like it as much as Brow Satin but I'm not entirely sure why... it just doesn't quite seem to do it for me. I will continue to try it out as I'm sure my purse would thank me if I were to switch products but for now, Brow Satin remains a firm favourite.
x
Linerefine Expression White Kohl  Eyeliner
I'd seen a lot of people raving about the effects white eye liner has on your eyes and in true 'curious Steph' style, I had to give it a try myself. I must admit, I do love it! It really does make my eyes look bigger and therefore pop more. I've found myself including it in my make up routine more often than not and I feel like it's a great addition. This particular liner is incredibly easy to use and always seems to last when I use it on my waterline or my inner corner.
x

L'Oreal:
Colour Riche Smokey- Velours Noir (E5)
I actually bought this on my birthday when I spotted a 3 for 2 deal across pretty much all make up brands in Boots and wanted a replacement mascara and to try out the Super Liner (both below). For my third product, I decided I wanted to look for a silver eyeshadow to complete my witchy make up look for my Halloween party the following day and whilst perusing the shelves, I spotted this little gem. The quad palette includes two lovely silver shades, a black and a shimmery white, all of which look stunning in the packaging and even nicer on the eyes, particularly together. Although, I don't think silver is the best shade for my eye colour, I did like how it looked with the rest of my make up.
x
Superliner Superstar Eyeliner
This was another product I saw a number of people mention and as it looked so nice on their eyes, I wanted to give it a try myself. Despite this, I never expected it to be so good. This is easily my new favourite liner as it is ridiculously easy to use; you can create a thin line or go a bit bolder really easily and the colour is really strong and doesn't fade through out the day. The only issue I've had is that I sometimes get a black smudge under my lashes near the flick but the eyeliner itself doesn't smudge and so it's easy to remove with a tissue.
x
False Lash Superstar Mascara 
Another repeat purchase that you may well have seen me mention on here many times before, particularly in my monthly favourites. This has been my favourite mascara for many months now and I get the feeling that it will remain that way for a long time. The combination of the primer, the mascara and the shape of the wand makes my lashes look so much longer and more volumised. A couple of people have asked if I'm wearing false lashes when I've worn this mascara which I took as a huge compliment and fell slightly more in love with the mascara each time. The most recent was one of my friends, Abi who I thought might appreciate this mention :D. Anyway, the shape of the wand, makes it perfect for reaching all of the lashes due to it's curve, and the mascara itself can be built up to create a bolder eye look should you want it. If you want to try a new mascara, I definitely recommend this one.
x

Revolution:
Blush Palette Golden Sugar
Another new love of mine. This palette is perfect for any shimmery cheek look, with one matte bronzer, and seven shimmers in various colours. I've been loving using the matte bronzer to do a semi contour look and then applying a combination of shimmery blushes to the apples of my cheeks outwards, finishing with the highlight shade along the top of my cheekbones. I think this look really helps to make my cheeks stand out and as a result, brings the rest of my make up together as well. A couple of people have also complimented my make up when I've been wearing this too which is always a good sign of a brilliant product.
x
Eyeshadow Palette Flawless
If you're looking for a good quality, low cost palette, Revolution is the answer! This 32 shade palette contains all the shades you could possibly need for a basic eye look. Revolution's eyeshadows always seem to be of high quality in my experience, with them lasting all day when worn with a primer (I never don't use one for any eyeshadows and so I can't comment on the quality without primer), they are fairly easy to blend, they go on nicely and the pigmentation is always good. Owning this palette makes me want to try out a few slightly different eye looks through the shear number of options I have and with the few I've tried so far, several people have complimented my eye look which makes me even more excited to try more.
x

Collection:
Lasting Perfection Concealer
I'm sure most of you will have come across this somewhere, whether in person or through other bloggers or vloggers mentioning it. It is my number one concealer for any blemishes due to it's long lasting qualities and it's buildable coverage and so I wanted to purchase a spare one to go in my 'top up' make up bag.
x
Pressed Powder
Again I wanted this for my 'top up' make up bag as for me, concealer, powder and mascara are the three things I'd use if I could only use three products and are therefore the three I'd want most if I had to go somewhere unexpected and only had the contents of my handbag with me. I also find that powder is the thing I'm most likely to need to top up through out the day.
x

Zoella:
Wonder Hand Hand Cream
I am a dry hand sufferer- they don't usually look it and often don't feel it on the outside but to me, they feel dry and so I always like to have hand cream near me, particularly at this time of year. When Zoe revealed that her new products would include a hand cream, I was very excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on it (if you'll pardon the pun- name that reference!) Since buying it, I've been using it every evening and occasionally at other times in the day and have been loving it... it leaves my hands feeling soft and hydrated and smells gorgeous! Plus, the packaging is beautiful!
x
Candy Cream Softening Body Lotion
This is another repurchase as I featured this in a haul a while ago and since then, I have loved it. It not only leaves my skin feeling so much softer and fresher but also smells incredible and that smell lasts hours, hitting me every so often. I also love the little beads inside the lotion.
x
Solid Fragrance
I bought this to keep in my 'top up' make up bag as well as I thought it would be handy to have a fragrance in there other than a body spray. I feel like this is a better alternative to a perfume as it's more compact so will fit into the bag more easily. It also smells lovely; quite a subtle sweet but sophisticated scent which lasts a long time. The solid fragrance is easy to apply and feels lovely and soft on my skin.
x

Other:
Arbonne Calm Daily Cleanser
You may remember my post on Arbonne a few months ago (here) where by I reviewed some of the samples of products that Megan had kindly sent me. In the review I said that the cleanser worked but wasn't for me as I was a make up wipe kind of girl but since then I decided I wanted to convert to the cleanser life. Since buying this product, I have been thoroughly impressed with it, when removing make up, it feels a lot gentler on my skin than wipes do and I think it has helped to improve my over all skin quality. The product itself also feels really soft on my skin when using it and afterwards.
x
Rimmel Automatic Gel Liner
I spotted this in Poundstretcher for £1 the other day and thought it looked like a worthwhile purchase. I haven't used it yet but I am looking forward to trying it with my old favourite gold eye look!
x
Dove Go Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea Deodorant
I like to swap my deodorant fairly regularly as my skin gets used to one and then it starts to become slightly ineffective but one I found particularly good in the past was this one so I wanted to go back to it. I love the smell and find that it makes me feel fresher for longer.
x
Benefit Rockitude Set
This was my first Benefit purchase and I am thoroughly impressed... every product in the kit is amazing. Together, they create a gorgeous rose gold look which looks incredible this season. It includes Benetint, High Beam Highlighter, Rocketeur Blush and Rockitude Lipgloss. After enjoying using this product, I am excited to purchase and try more Benefit products in the future.
x
Clinique Nude Pop Lipstick
I got this free with my Glamour mag and it is amazing! It's small which makes it handy to keep in my purse or pocket ready for topping up through out the day. The colour itself is a great nude shade which gives a subtle pop of colour and shimmer to your lips. It also lasts quite a while.
x

I'm so sorry this didn't go up at the weekend, if you follow me on twitter, you may have seen why but if not, it's because I wrote it on Wednesday and just had a tiny bit left to finish, ready to upload. However, when I went to upload it on Saturday, all of my writing had disappeared, except the product titles and the images and after searching for ages for the missing text, I had to just accept the loss of text and start it again. I then had a lot of college work that I had to get done over the weekend and so today is the first chance I've had to rewrite the post. I've not had much luck with technology recently but I am going to try extra hard this week to get the schedule back on track which means you'll have today's post, Tag Tuesday and another post on Friday or Saturday. Thank you for being patient with this post, hopefully you enjoyed reading it anyway.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments