The Throwback Tag

1. What year were you born in?
1997

2. Do you have any pictures of yourself from when you were younger? If you do, show them.
Yes, I have a lot but most have been stuck into my scrapbook so unfortunately, I can't scan them. I have taken a pictures of a few pages to show you though...
3. What TV shows did you watch growing up?
I watched A LOT but some of my favourites were:
Big Cook Little Cook, TeleTubbies, Dora The Explorer and The Tweenies when I was very young and Drake and Josh, Hannah Montana, That's So Raven, Zoey 101, The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody and Sabrina The Teenage Witch when I was a bit older. There are probably several other favourites but they're the ones I can remember at the moment.

4. What did you want to be when you grew up and do you still want to be that now?
It changed a lot whilst I was growing up, including: an artist, an author, a vet, a doctor, a singer (even though I'm terrible at singing) or a teacher. I would still like to be an author but none of the others.

5. Show a video of yourself when you were younger.
I really wanted to upload a video for you as I have so many but I couldn't work out how to do it. I did try multiple times using a number of methods including consulting Google but I just couldn't do it. So I'm sorry about that.

6. What were your favourite toys to play with?
Tamagotchi, Nintendo DS (especially Mario Kart, Animaniacs and Animal Crossing), PlayStation 2 (especially Sims and Shrek Super Slam), Guess Who, Bratz Dolls, Barbie Dolls and Polly Pockets.

7. What's the most embarrassing thing that you can remember doing?
I don't know if it is the most embarrassing but up there would definitely be the time I ran across the playground stick horse in hand, which I had bought in for my school play in year 5, heading for my friend who had also bought one in. All of a sudden I found myself on the floor with cut knees and an audience who I'm sure found it all very amusing.

Another embarrassing but also funny moment looking back involves another year 5 school play. This time, in rehearsals we were practising a dance and I was at the back of the stage and at the end of the row with my partner. One important fact I think you should know is that the stage wasn't a rectangle... it was mostly rectangular with a square (the stage was made up of individual squares) taken from the back on each side. Mid practice, we completed a spin and as we did so, I fell off the stage, smashing my knee on the bench which was underneath. I then spent the rest of the rehearsal watching with an ice pack on my bruised knee.

8. Read something you wrote when you were in primary school.
When I was 6 I wrote this (I am writing it as it was written, including mistakes):
How to put on your Jumper
1. you get a Jumper.
2. when you Have got it you Hold it.
3. you put your Head Froeu (through) first.
4. Then you put your Hands froe.
5. Then you pull it over

And this:

Dear Santa
woud you like me to give some present? Is Rudolph Ready to go Round the world? Im going to give Rudolph A carrat. If I Have Been good please can I Have These Things. Some more Dall (doll) House Things. a BarBie Mix magic Real Kittchen a CD player a Baby Bethany Doll. Some Bratz. emergancy Hopital plan, and any ofver (other) supprios (surprises???) and someThing for my pets. Love Stephanie
merry Happy christmas

9. Three songs you loved to listen to as a child?
Gosh! There are so many songs I loved to listen to but if I had to pick 3...
We Like To Party! (The Vengabus) by The Vengaboys
Witch Doctor by Cartoons
5,6,7,8 by Steps- At one point I knew all the dance moves to this song and I used to love singing and dancing along whenever I listened to it.

10. What was one thing you dressed up as for Halloween when you were younger?
I dressed as a witch several years (different costumes), one years' costume was...
11. Tell a funny story of something you remember happening when you were young.
I have a lot of funny stories but most are probably from 'had to be there' moments. One moment I still find hilarious now is when I was out on the street having a water fight with two of my friends in year 6 and we decided to shoot water up in the air and run under it- you can probably imagine the outcome! Well myself and one of my friends proceeded to run under the water and whilst we did succeed, we also ran straight into each other and smacked heads (and pretty much our whole bodies). Meanwhile our other friend stood back, watching it happen as she obviously anticipated the possible outcome and didn't want to be involved- although she could have warned us!

Another memory that I still find hilarious is when we went skiing in Slovenia and we had purchased a circular sledge which supposedly went faster than a regular one. We had a lot of fun testing it out. On this particular run, my brother and I decided to go on it together and so we went flying down the hill. We could see the benches at the bottom getting closer and closer and were praying we'd stop before them. Luckily we stopped just in time and as I got up, I turned around and looked at the ski slope, noticing a girl on a sledge rapidly heading in our direction. I was trying and failing to find the words to warn my brother who was just standing up when all of a sudden there was a big crash and she had gone under my brothers legs, taking him with her and the two had collided into the benches at the bottom. Needless to say he didn't go back on the sledge for the rest of the day (possibly the rest of the holiday) and was very annoyed at me for laughing.

12. Are there any special things you've kept from when you were a child?
Lots: letters I wrote and received from Snowdrop my fairy, some of my baby teeth, old school work, cuddly toys, my blanket... I could go on for hours listing things!

13. What is something weird you used to do as a child?
I used to love what I call/called tickly bits which sounds very odd now but it's pretty much the seam in clothes (usually pyjamas) or on the blanket I had. I used to just kind of play with it when I was tired and it used to help me get to sleep. I used to love the feel of it and found it really comforting. Sidenote: apologies for the innunedos.

14. What's the scariest thing you remember happening to you when you were younger?
To be honest, I don't really remember anything that scary happening. The only thing that comes to mind is during one of my birthday parties (not sure what age but definitely under 8) and as my birthday is near Halloween, I had a Halloween, fancy dress party. My dad decided to put on a terrifying mask and scare us all to death by peering through the conservatory glass.

15. How is the world different now from when you were a child?
Even though I've only been on this planet for just under 18 years, a lot has changed, especially in terms of technology and what children do for fun. In my experience, our generation was the last to experience 'playing out' in the street; just calling for friends and playing outside for hours. Now, I never see children doing that- the park near us is always empty which was never the case when I was a child. We also didn't have phones until we were much older than most have now which I think was good- it made us use other things as entertainment or for communication.

This tag was so much fun to do, it was lovely to reminisce over my childhood and remember things I thought I'd forgotten.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, why not pick one question and answer it in the comments below? I'd love to read your responses. Again, I'm not tagging anyone but if anyone wants to do it, let me know because it was so fun to do and it will be lovely to read other people's versions too.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

4 comments

  1. Hey, I've never seen this tag but I think it's really cute. I watch youtuber's do tags in their videos but I never thought to do it in a blog, you've inspired me!
    Mimi xx

    http://hotsytotsyprimrose.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you. I'm glad it's inspired you, I do recommend giving some ago, there are some brilliant ones out there that are really fun to do. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely :)

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/andystyle-4602025

    ReplyDelete