September Favourites 2015

As you've probably worked out from the title of this blog post, it's time for my monthly favourites again and this month there have been a lot of things I've been loving, many of which are new things but you will also find a couple of regulars.

Fashion and Beauty:
Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation (Primer, Concealer and Foundation in One)- This has been my go-to foundation this month, I love the finish it leaves. It's not completely matte but it isn't really dewey either which makes it a perfect for what I want. It's long lasting, light on the skin and has a good medium coverage.
Roll Neck Long Jumper- As you may have seen in my 'Bits and Bobs Haul' (here), I bought a maroon roll neck long jumper and at the time I said I think it might be my favourite purchase. I can now confirm this and confess to the fact that I also went out and bought another one, this time in a light brown. I just love these tops/dresses, they're perfect for this time of year when the weather isn't very predictable; it can start really cold and foggy and end sunny and warm. They also feel very Autumnal which makes me very happy.
Primark- I am loving what Primark has to offer at the moment, there are so many affordable but nice purchases to be made there, especially as we head into Autumn and Winter.
Revolution Redemption Iconic 3 Palette- I am in love with this palette! It was £4 but is still of a high quality; it lasts as long as any other eye products I own and is well pigmented. I love the pinky/purple shades in this palette and I'm actually planning on doing a 'berry' make up look post with this palette very soon, so you should be able to see what it looks like on. I am definitely tempted to buy a few other Revolution eye palettes, although I don't think I really need anymore at the
moment.
Maybelline Brow Satin- Yes, this product is in yet another of my monthly favourites! You probably know by now how much I love this but for anyone that doesn't, this is my perfect brow product! It's ideal for filling in and shaping my brows, Dark Blonde is the perfect shade for me and it just looks great.

TV and Film:
The DUFF- This is a great chick-flick, combining romance and comedy with an interesting if predictable storyline. It's definitely a feel good film and one I'm sure I'll enjoy watching many times over.
Scorch Trials- Oh my gosh, this film was so good! I won't give anything away for anyone that hasn't seen it yet but I will say that it had me on the edge of my seat pretty much from start to finish and left me despising one character. I never had high expectations for the Maze Runner series but I have been very impressed by both films so far and would really like to read the books, which I do own but haven't got round to reading yet. If you liked the first film or haven't seen that but like The Hunger Games or Divergent, I think you'd love this franchise too.
X Factor- X Factor is back... the perfect TV show for a Saturday night, another thing I love about Autumn. Every year, I get hooked on the show and this year I have been loving it even more due to it's new judging panel; Grimmy and Rita are perfect additions to show and just seem to add humour and character to the panel.
Annie (2014)- I used to enjoy watching the original Annie when I was younger and have been meaning to watch the newer version since I saw the trailer last year but never got round to it. I finally watched it this month and I love it. The songs are brilliant; I love the new versions! I also really like the cheese in it which I think just adds to this film and makes it a real feel good film. I think this might be another film I'll be reaching for whenever I have a bad day and need cheering up.
Pitch Perfect 2- If anyone hasn't seen this film yet, I suggest you fix that asap as it is brilliant! It's unusual for a sequel to be better than the first but I think this one is. It's hilarious, the songs are brilliant and it makes you fall in love with the characters even more. The only thing that irritates me is how exaggerated I think the German group's accent is when they sing which I don't think is accurate at all.

Music:
Little Mix- As I mentioned in my last favourites, I've really been loving Little Mix the past couple of months. Their vocals are incredible, I'm always amazed by how well they can sing AND dance live, a skill I definitely don't possess. I am really loving their new tracks form their upcoming album 'Get Weird' as well. 'Hair' is a real feel good song that even someone with two left feet *cough* me *cough* gets up and dances too (when I'm alone) and 'Love Me Like You' has quite a retro vibe with a very catchy tune.
Love Myself by Hailee Steinfield- This song is definitely up there as one of the best songs lyrically; it's got a great message which makes the whole song feel very uplifting and powerful. The message about loving yourself comes across loud and clear and, for me at least, it gives you a little extra confidence, even if it only lasts the duration of the song.
Lone Ranger, Stand By You and Fight Song by Rachel Platten- This month, I have really been loving Rachel Platten. Her songs are so catchy and lovely to listen to, especially fight song which I always have to sing along to when I hear it.
Locked Away by R.City ft. Adam Levine- This is such a tune! I love the vocals, the lyrics, the melody... Basically, I love it all.
Shawn Mendes- My love for Shawn Mendes incredible voice and beautiful songs appears to have been rekindled the past month and I've found myself frequently listening to his album 'Handwritten' and his self-titled EP.

Other:
Colour Obstacle Rush- I did a post on this event (here) so if you want more detail you can head on over and read that, but I knew I had to put this in my favourites as not only was it a load of fun but our team also met and surpassed our target of £350 by raising £380 for Little Princess Trust, so it's great knowing that the money is going to a worthy cause and will help people.
20 Things That Make Me Happy Blog Post- This is probably an odd favourite to have but I wanted to put this in as I like the fact that I have a list of positive things on my blog that I can look back on whenever I'm finding it difficult to smile. If you haven't seen it already, you can find it here.
Winter Berry Candle- To say this candle was only £1 from Primark, it's bloomin' great. I haven't actually lit it yet and may not do so for a long time as I tend to just admire candles rather than use them but it smells incredible, making me very excited for Winter and Christmas (altough I will enjoy Autumn first)!
iPod Touch 6- I've loved owning and exploring the iPod Touch 6 this month. I always run out of memory with the 16GB models so I really wanted to treat myself to a 32GB version which I could get more use out of and as the new 6 model was introduced in July, I was very happy to have a new pink one in my possession! This model does seem to run a lot smoother and faster than my old one and the difference in how much it hold is amazing and enables me to have more music on my iPod as well as actually have all the apps I want.
My Cousin's 30th Weekend- In my last post I told you all about my weekend away for my cousin's 30th birthday and as I loved it so much, it has earned a well deserved spot in my September Favourites. The cottage was gorgeous, the company was excellent and the activities were very amusing! If you're interested in hearing more about the weekend or seeing what the cottage looked like you can check out the post here.

That completes my September favourites. I hope you enjoyed reading this post, let me know what your favourite thing this month was?

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

4 comments

  1. I really want to watch the scorch trials so much. Great post xx
    http://beaudaily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should- it was a very good film, I'm sure you'd enjoy it! :) thank you, glad you enjoyed it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish we had Primark from where I am! I've always read posts saying how great the products are! Speaking of Shawn Mendes... I am so addicted to the duet he made with Hailee Steinfield on "Stitches"!

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah it is a shame you don't have one, I must admit I never used to like it or buy anything from there but more recently, especially this year, I have been obsessed with the store and have bought more than I should. YES! Love that version, great song, great vocals and two amazing singers- perfect! Xxx

    ReplyDelete