October Favourites 2015

I'm very sorry that this blog post didn't go up earlier, I thought I had scheduled it for Friday hence why it has Friday's date on it but I saved it rather than published it and I've only just realised!!!

October is my favourite month and this year's has been no different; no month is ever perfect and is often up and down but overall this month has been pretty great, filled with some very exciting and lovely moments and things. Without further ado, these are a few of my favourite things this month (I hope at least one of you sung that!)...

Fashion and Beauty:
Zoella Tutti Fruity Candy Cream Softening Body Lotion- I bought this last month in my Primark, Superdrug, Lush and More Haul (here) and since then I have been loving it so much! It feels incredibly soft on my skin, smells gorgeous and leaves me feeling fresh all day as every so often, I get a whiff of the scent. It's the only product of this range that I own but I'm sure I will be repurchasing this along with some other products from the Tutti Fruity collection very soon.
Benefit Rockitude- This was essentially a gift as I bought it with a voucher I got for my birthday and it is stunning. I love everything in the set: Rockateur (blusher), Benetint (lip and cheek tint), Highbeam (highlighter) and Ultra Plush in Rockateur. The products are perfect for creating a rose gold look which I have really enjoyed doing this Autumn. It was my first Benefit product but after seeing how much I love it, I'm definitely going to have to purchase some more from the brand.

Maybelline Mastergraphic Eyeliner- I'm bringing this one back as I spent months raving about this in the past but after I went off eye liner a bit, I stopped using it so often and now when I do use it, I remember why I loved it so much in the first place (that was a mouthful!) It's easy to control in order to get the ideal flick and it creates quite a bold, black line which I love.


Entertainment:
Lucy and Lydia- I've been watching Lucy and Lydia for a few months now but have particularly loved their videos this month. Their videos are always incredibly well edited, they always look stunning, demonstrating how to do some really lovely looks and their bubbly personalities are so infectious. If you haven't watched any of their videos yet, I highly recommend you do. You can find their channel here.
Sounds Good Feels Good by 5 Seconds Of Summer- As a 5SOS fan, I eagerly awaited the release of their second album, enjoying the songs released in the build up to it and when it finally reached me on the 23rd October, I was definitely not disappointed! The lyrics of a number of their songs are so meaningful and relatable that it just makes the whole album even better. My favourite songs are San Francisco, Safety Pin, Money and Outerspace/Carry On. My only criticism is that Carry On isn't longer because I love love love everything about that song, especially the lyrics!
Gogglebox- I've never really understood the appeal of this programme- why would I want to watch other people watch TV? However, this month I watched a couple of episodes from the current season and I loved them- they were absolutely hilarious so once I have a bit more time, I will definitely be watching a few of the other seasons as well as watching all of this one.
American Horror Story- This show took me a while to get into and so I've been watching it on and off for the past few months but this month I really started to get into it and have now finally finished season one and am looking forward to starting the next one.
Eye Candy- I am obsessed with this show! I love it- it's a horror, crime, thriller, mystery drama and has just had me hooked since the first episode. It has such an intriguing and exciting story that after every episode I can't wait for the next! I especially love the last two episodes that aired in the UK.
Hunted- You may have seen the likes of Zoe, Alfie and Gabby mention this TV show, I wasn't really that interested in it after hearing the synopsis but when I'd seen them all rave about it, I thought it might be worth trying. I don't know what it was about it but it was just so interesting and made an amazing show. I especially loved the final episode where by I was up on my feet and shouting at the TV (in a good way). At the moment, all of the episodes are on 4od (here) so if you want to give it a try, which I highly recommend, you can click that link and then let me know what you think about it.

Other:
Pumpkin Patch Candles- My grandma bought a set of 'Pumpkin Patch' tealights from TKMaxx for us to put in our living room (which smells and looks so Autumnal by the way) and I am in love with the scent of these candles, they have a scent that combines all Autumnal smells to create what I think is the perfect Autumn scent.
Trick or Treat Imperial Candle- As some of you may be aware, yesterday was my birthday and so a couple of days before then, I received this candle from some of my cousins and was asked to open it at the time they gave it to me. The reason for this is that it is not your typical candle; inside is some jewellery, so you burn your candle and when it gets so far down, you can retrieve your gift. I think the whole concept of this is amazing, not only does the candle look and smell heavenly, the concept of it makes it really exciting to watch the wax melt down, waiting for it to get to the level the gift is at.
Marks and Spencer Watermelon and Coconut White Tea- Ice tea is quite possibly my favourite drink, watermelon is my favourite food and coconut is another flavour I love so this drink is ideal for me. I was worried the combination of flavours would make it a bit overpowering but it wasn't- I couldn't taste the watermelon that much but the coconut flavour was very noticeable. I really enjoyed it and knew it had to go in this month's favourites.
Meeting Sprinkle of Glitter- You may or may not know that Louise is one of my absolute favourite YouTubers; I love her videos, her blog posts and more recently, I loved her book (review here) so when I heard she was doing a signing near me, I knew I had to go. I had already bought her diary but bought another one from WHSmith anyway so that I could get it signed and could meet her. We got there a couple of hours before the signing started so that we were very close to the front and when I got to meet her, I was pleased that I managed to hold a pretty much normal conversation which seemed difficult in the build up to it due to the surrealism of it all. I think I mostly rambled to her about how much I loved her videos, particularly her latest one (which at the time was her 'Pink Hair Story') but it was a lovely experience and it made me very happy to get to talk to her after watching her videos for so long.
Meeting Megan- You may have seen me mention Megan a number of times on this blog and if you haven't already, you should definitely check out her blog here. For a while, we've commented on each other's posts, befriended one another on a variety of social media platforms and I would consider her to be a friend of mine. Last Friday, I got the chance to go and meet her. I'd been worried it would be a bit awkward at first as I'm not the best at starting conversations with people in situations like that and I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it but it turned out I had nothing to worry about. As far as I'm concerned, it didn't feel awkward at all and it was like shopping with a friend even though we'd only met just moments before, conversations flowed and we had plenty to talk about. My only criticism is that we only had about an hour so I would definitely be interested in meeting her again and hopefully spending a bit longer together.

That concludes this month's favourites, I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that you had a lovely month filled with a many things and moments that you loved. 

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

2 comments

  1. Aw Steph, you're such a cutie! It was fab meeting you, we definitely need to do it again xxx

    ReplyDelete