The Book Tag

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

Not really but I tend to read in bed before I go to sleep so I guess that's my 'certain place'. I do also like to read outside in the sun, especially if you're on holiday, and you can lie by the pool reading a good book.

2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?

I try to use a bookmark whenever possible but if I'm out and haven't got one with me or they are all in use then I'll just use whatever I can find, although that's usually temporary before I have access to a bookmark again.

3. Can you stop reading anytime or does it have to be at a certain page, chapter, part etc...?

If I'm reading before bed and I'm so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open any longer then I can stop wherever I am but generally, I try to end at the end of a chapter.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

I don't usually eat whilst reading but sometimes I do have a drink.

5. Can you read whilst listening to music or watching TV?

Not really, I could whilst listening to music sometimes like if I'm somewhere quite loud as it helps me to shut people out originally but if I'm on my own or I'm somewhere quiet, I much prefer to just read. I definitely can't watch TV and read, if I'm reading a good book, I want to concentrate purely on that.

6. One book at a time, or several at once?

Usually I'll read one book at a time, unless I struggle to get into one and want a break before trying again. I also sometimes have a fiction book on the go and a non fiction book which I pick up and read every so often- usually more long term than novels.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywhere but I prefer to read at home and mostly just read at home- if I'm out, I'm usually busy. Also, if I'm out, I often read on my phone instead of reading a paperback as it's easier to carry and easier to have around with you.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently in my head, although with the 5SOS book, I started reading out loud so I could read in an Australian accent (haha) but after a couple of chapters I went back to reading in my head- much better and easier.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

Not if I can help it but sometimes my eyes just draw to something further on. I hate it when I accidentally see something on the next page which gives away what is going to happen.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

I try to keep it new for as long as possible but when it starts to become a pain to read or more annoying, I'll break the spine.

11. Do you write in books?

No, if there's a passage I like, I'll fold over the page and then I can refer back to it and make notes on a separate piece of paper if I really want to, but this is very rare.

Thank you for reading this post. If you have any book recommendations, let me know as I'm always happy to discover a new book or author.

Love, Steph x


If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

2 comments

  1. I'm stealing this ;) Where do you find all these tags?!! I can never find decent ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, will be fun to read your answers :) I don't really know, I usually just think of a topic and see if there's a good tag about it, there are so many that I didn't know existed. <3 xxx

      Delete