Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter Review


Here I am again writing another book review; it seems to have become a common feature on this blog! Only this time, I'm here with a slightly different book, not the usual fiction novels I tend to review.

I have just finished reading Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland, a little less than a week after purchase, and I am more than pleased with my read, after it has left me feeling both inspired and entertained. This is why I couldn't wait to write and upload my review even though I uploaded yesterday- bonus blog post this week!

This little gem is filled with wise-words, beautifully designed pages and a positive aura which certainly does fill your mind and life with a sprinkle of glitter!

I have been watching Louise's videos for a couple of years now and more recently started reading her blog posts on a regular basis. She has a personality that I admire; her bubbly nature helps spread joy to her viewers and to those around her (at least that's what it looks like); her stories and comments never fail to make me laugh; and she has such a kind and warming heart that shows that although she hasn't had the perfect life (has anyone really?) she's been able to pull herself through any negativity and difficult times, which have only made her a stronger person. Keeping all of this in mind, I was thrilled to hear that she was bringing out a book, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Having said that, I never expected it to be as amazing as it was! (it wasn't that I had low expectations originally, it was just that the book blew all of those expectations out of the water).

Where to begin...?

I know they say not to judge a book by it's cover, but when a cover looks that good, how can you not just want to engulf yourself in it and want to explore the beauty encompassed within the pages? I particularly love the 'sprinkle of glitter' which adds texture and general pizzazz to the page. I am also very pleased with the pink colour scheme- a definite plus!

Another simple but important thing to mention that I like is the style (is that the right word?). I am a paperback fan under normal circumstances, simply because I find hardbacks much more difficult to hold and read or to carry around. However, the size of this book made it much more practical and efficient, and made me really enjoy reading a hardback, which is a rarity. I also think it makes it look really cute.

The pages within the book are something else...  I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever come across such an aesthetically pleasing book- each page has it's own unique design which ties in nicely with the subject of the page. There was obviously a lot of thought and care gone into the design and it has really paid off. I also love the little doodles as I think they add a lot of character to the book.

Now we've covered the design and appearance, I would like to take a moment to appreciate the main feature of the book, the written content. As I mentioned above, I love Louise's style- her comments, her thoughts, her sense of humour etcetera etcetera, and this book is full of those things- it is very Louise. Some books I've read, haven't really captured the author's sense of personality and so haven't (to me) seemed personal to them- it could have been written by anyone, even though it includes their own opinions, thoughts and stories. For me, reading Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter, I could have had Louise sat next to me reading it all to me- her book is so personal to her that there is no way it could belong to anyone else.

It's unusual that I can find a book which truly makes me laugh out loud but this book had me doing so through the majority of chapters and through many of the pages, particularly at the beginning. If anyone found me reading this book they, would either by disturbed or intrigued by the amount I was smiling at simply a few words on a page- but they meant so much more to me than that and really helped both comfort and amuse me.

I would love to be able to recommend particular chapters for you to read but I can't... I can't pick out a couple of chapters I liked more than others; I loved them all for very different reasons and have preferences dependent on my mood and interest at the time. What I can say however, is that this is a beautifully written and designed book that I could see appealing to a variety of ages and people. I can't recommend this enough, whether you are looking for advice, looking for a laugh or just want to read a good book, I 100% recommend you give this a read and I'm pretty darn sure you won't be disappointed.

If any of you have read this book, let me know your thoughts in the comments, if you have any questions about it let me know, or if you have any book recommendations, I'd love to check them out.

Thank you for reading this post. I hope you have a great weekend.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments