Maybelline Review

I never really consider myself a Maybelline product fan, not because I don't like them, simply because I just don't usually see a product I like and want to pick it up. However, recently, there have been several products I have thought looked good and a couple that I have picked up. In the last month or so I've bought and tried a couple of products, so I thought I'd review them for you.

Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealer: £6.99 here

I bought this concealer with the foundation below from Tesco for a special offer of two for £10. It has a twist up stick which lasts quite a while, although I have used other concealers which have lasted longer. It has a good coverage and is great for brightening up any dark under-eye circles and for covering any redness or blemishes. I would defini
tely consider re-purchasing this as it's very nearly run out, but for the time being I already have a different replacement concealer.

My rating: 8/10


Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation: £7.99 here

Again, I bought this foundation from Tesco for two for £10 with the concealer. It claims to give an airbrush finish which I wouldn't 100% agree with but having said that, my skin has not been in the best condition this last month (I'm hoping it's down to exam stress and will improve now they're over), so my skin hasn't been the easiest canvas for an airbrush finish, however, it has covered any blemishes and redness well and I'd say it's of a medium coverage. It definitely lasts and even though I spent 3 hours in car on a very warm day, sweating both from the heat and from the stress of not knowing where I was going as we drove around a new city and spent a great deal of time in traffic, it lasted really well and didn't all drip off of my face as I had expected it to. Similarly, I've had a cold for the last week and despite needing to blow my nose regularly, the foundation around my nose had lasted better and longer than I expected it to. The pump is easy to use and doesn't cause too much or too little foundation to leave the nozzle, meaning little or no foundation is wasted. I'd definitely recommend this foundation, and I've defnitely been pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product.

My rating: 9/10


Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil: £5.99 here

After seeing lots of adverts for this, I wanted to try it as finding a good product for my eyebrows is not an easy task- the problems with having blonde hair and brows! Anyway, I have loved this product, its easy to apply, it's a little bit darker than I would have liked but I've got used to it now and it isn't too dark, it's good for getting a nice shape to the brow, and fills them in nicely. It has two ends, both of which give a good overall finish when applied both individually and even more so when done together. One end is like a pencil, and the other is kind of like a felt pen to define the brows and go over them again after filling them in with the pencil.

My rating: 9.5/10

Have you got any Maybelline products you love or any you'd love to try? Let me know in the comments.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments