Treating Your Body

Sorry I didn't upload a main post this weekend, I had writer's block and I just couldn't think of anything to write.
Anyway, I went to the gym earlier today and when I got home, I really felt like I needed a deep cleanse and nourishment to treat my body, so I thought I'd share with you some of the products I used and the routine I took to treat my body.

Step One: First I went to the gym to get my adrenalin running and to keep fit and healthy. I also find that the exercise can lower my stress levels and improve my mood. After exercising, although my body may ache, it definitely makes me feel proud of myself.
Step Two: Using the simple eye make up remover, I removed my eye shadow, mascara and eyebrow make up, as I wear a bit of make up when I go to the gym (I know this isn't great for your skin but I don't feel very confident anyway so without makeup, I'd have even less), and I went straight from college more or less so I didn't have time to remove any extra. I then washed my face with water to remove some of the excess make up.
Step Three: I then removed any left over make up from my face using some cleansing lotion and a cotton pad.
Step Four: Next, I used toner and a cotton pad to remove the remaining make up and any bacteria.
Step Five: I then got into the shower and started by rinsing my face with the Clinique liquid facial soap to remove anything left on my skin.
Step Six: I washed my hair, starting with the Aussie Frizz Miracle Shampoo which smells amazing and works really nicely with my hair which is quite dry and can be prone to frizz because I have very curly hair. I then used the Aussie Mega Instant Conditioner which does more or less the same as the shampoo and is very useful for detangling my hair.
Step Seven: Recently my hair has been particularly dry and I'm not sure why so I decided to use the Schwarzkopf Hair Therapy Repair Rescue which I haven't used before but my mum let me borrow. I applied it to my hair after washing it and ringing it out a bit, I then left this on for almost ten minutes. I can't comment on how helpful it is for my hair yet as there hasn't been much time between when I applied it and writing this post but it did feel very soft and like it was doing a lot of good for my hair during the ten minutes I left it to sink in to my hair.
Step Eight: Whilst the hair mask was sinking into my hair, I washed the rest of my body with the Rituals Diwali Delight which as some of you may know, I love; it smells incredible and feels amazing on my skin.
Step Nine: After getting out the shower, I applied some of the Simple light moisturiser to my face and neck.
Step Ten: I then dried myself and applied the Soap and Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter onto my arms. As you can see this has nearly run out but I will most likely be repurchasing this product as it smells so good and leaves my skin feeling great.
Step Eleven: I also use the Ted Baker Butterfly Body Lotion on my legs which also smells stunning and leaves my skin feeling lovely. Another product I would love to repurchase as it's very nearly run out.
Step Twelve: After towel drying my hair, I applied some of the Frizz Ease Original Serum, focusing it on the ends of my hair. After applying this, I put my hair into two plaits ready for my to sleep in it, as this keeps my hair tamed and reshapes the curls slightly for the morning.
Step Thirteen: To finish my 'Treating My Body' routine, I put some Sally Hanson Natural Nail Growth Revitalizer onto my nails because my nails are in terrible condition at the moment and really need looking after, so hopefully by using this regularly, it will make a significant difference.

Thanks for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it. If anyone has any recommendations of products or techniques to treat your body, let me know in the comments below.


Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it, comment and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments