What Are You Afraid Of?: Day Four

My biggest 'phobia' is fire (Arsonphobia) and more recently burns (which kind of link together), I think my phobia of fire started from a ride at Disneyland Paris called Armageddon when I was about six. The ride had no warning and was horrible; it jolted a lot, smoke came in from the sides and fire came up from the center of the rocket and we didn't know if it was supposed to happen or if there was a problem, it was really scary not only for me and the other young children but also for the parents that didn't know what was happening. Since then I've been afraid of fire. I have got a lot better than I used to be and I can be near a controlled fire like a campfire (within reason, I'm still very cautious and a bit worried) but I am still very much afraid of fire.

One of my biggest fears in a deeper sense is not living. By that, I don't mean death (which is also a scary concept but there's not a lot we can do about it), I mean existing rather than living. I worry that I'll look back on my life and regret things and wish I'd have done things differently. I want to be able to experience so many different things and make something of my life so that even if I died at a young age, I wouldn't be unhappy with the way I lived my life. The thought of not doing that terrifies me.

Some of my other fears and phobias are:
  • Small/Confined spaces
  • Crowds
  • Wasps
  • Spiders
  • Heights
  • Lifts
  • Clowns
  • Needles (this one is not as big of a fear; I hate them and they do scare me a little bit but not too much)
  • Thunder and Lightning
  • Failure (This doesn't stop me from trying things, I just worry excessively about failing and the thought of failing at something bothers me a lot)
  • Cancer 
  • Feet
  • Snakes
What are your fears or phobias?

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it, comment and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments