2015 New Year Sales Haul (part one)

I am quite a shopaholic, particularly when I can find bargains, hence why I love the after Christmas/January sales, which is a perfect time to treat yourself to anything you wanted but didn't get for Christmas, which you can usually get at a discounted price. This year, I bought some of these things in the store and other products I bought online, ranging from make up, to books, to clothing and several things in between. This is the first part of the haul...




W7 In The Buff: At the moment, on a day to day basis, I use the shades 'dope' and 'toxic' from the Vice 2 palette by Urban Decay (which I got as a present last year) but these are starting to run out and while I like the other shades, I'm not very brave with eye shadow so tend to stick to the more natural colours. When I saw this palette at a price of £4.99 I figured I should try it out since I really liked the colours. I've only tried this a couple of times but the colours do look very nice on and last the whole day. The only negative I would say about this is that the brush isn't the best, it's a bit too rigid so applying the eye shadow can be quite difficult. (I use a different brush). If anyone's looking for a cheap alternative to a naked palette, I would definitely recommend this. It's quite clearly taken the idea from urban decay, by the same style casing and very similar shades, and it may not be of the same quality, but for the price, it's definitely worth it.

You can find this product for £3.35 here




Collection Eyebrow Kit: I have quite light colouredeyebrows and as a result, I struggle to find a product to fill them in, as they are often too dark or just don't suite my hair and face. When I saw this, I thought it looked practical, as there were three colours to choose from which could be mixed to make the ideal colour. Again, I've only tried this product a couple of times but the colour (I blend the two lighter colours) and the clear brow mascara seem to be the best I've tried so far, and the style of the product makes it easy to carry around and use on the go or at home.

You can find this product for £3.99 here


London Sights Weekender Bag: This bag seemed perfect for college, the size makes it great for my folders which I struggle to fit in any other bag I've bought, and the print is cute and fun, making it a great statement accessory. It has handles as well as a removable shoulder strap, making it suitable for different people depending on their preferences, or easy to switch about based on the need for the bag each day. I got this bag in the sale at Accessorize for £19.50 down from £39.

You can find this product for £19.50 here



Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella: A great lighthearted romantic comedy. I borrowed this book from a friend a few years ago and it has since been one of my favourites, so I decided to buy it for myself and read it again. Sophie Kinsella wrote this book very well, portraying the main character perfectly. It's rare that I find a book that really makes me laugh out loud but this is one of the few. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a fairly easy read with a great plot.

You can find this book for £6.39 here

Dead Silent by Sharon Jones: I haven't read this book yet, so I can't give a very detailed comment, but it is the sequel to Dead Jealous which I have read and really enjoyed. These are thriller books, great for anyone who loves a good mystery.

You find this book for £5.99 here

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the things I bought, the second part will be coming soon. I also hope you managed to find some great bargains in the sale.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments