Why...

Hi, I just wanted to start this blog by introducing myself and explain why I am joining the blogging world... 

I’m a rather quiet person; I tend to keep things to myself and it usually takes a bit of time to bring me out of my shell. Even when I have things I would like to say, my mind and mouth seem to swell up and restrict me from actually saying them. Once I get to know someone, I start to open up and speak up a bit more but even then I’m never completely honest, never giving away too many of my thoughts. Often when I want to say something, the words just don’t seem to form properly in my mouth, or my mind goes blank so that I can’t even remember where to start. That's where for me, writing is different; I have time to collate my thoughts before putting pen to paper and making them final; I can erase or edit any mistakes before I say them; and I can open up a bit more as I don’t have to explain everything that’s running through my mind in a short space of time. I guess this is why I love writing so much, it gives me a voice and enables me to be honest and get things off my chest that I can’t do through speech. It is my way of expressing who I am, my thoughts, feelings and even fears.

That's why I created this blog, as a way of developing my writing and of voicing my opinions and thoughts on various matters, whether it’s reviews, beauty or thoughts on life in general. 

I hope you will join me on my blogging journey, and enjoy reading some of the things I have to say.


Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments